Just a little note to say I've updated the BLAST Ring Image Generator (BRIG)to version 0.90. Some of the fixes include:
- Added .fa & .fasta as default fasta extentions.
- Changed 'Covert graph' module to use 454-Allcontigs.fna produced by Newbler.
- Contig mapping now accepts multi-FASTA as query.
- Improved graph modules to work better with BLAST+.
- Fixed errors loading custom annotations from tab-delimited files made by Microsoft Excel
- Fixed sorting error for showing red/blue boundaries in graphs
- Users can load individual files into data pool.
- Users can load boundaries in Multi-FASTA files in custom annotations (selecting colour as alternating red/blue)
Available under GPL3 @ http://sourceforge.net/projects/brig/.
Please cite the BRIG paper if BRIG is used to generate figures for publications:
NF Alikhan, NK Petty, NL Ben Zakour, SA Beatson (2011) BLAST Ring Image Generator (BRIG): simple prokaryote genome comparisons, BMC Genomics, 12:402. PMID: 21824423