This page is for laypersons and media people. Hopefully, It should give you a sense of the work I do without you having to read all the science. Here I will include contact details, lay summaries, photos, and content from the news media.
- Email: email@example.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +44 (0)1603 255000
- Twitter: @happy_khan
- Address: Nabil-Fareed Alikhan, Quadram Institute Bioscience, Norwich Research Park, Norwich NR4 7UA, Norfork, United Kingdom
Press photos. e.g. I’m giving a talk and you want to put a photo of me in your seminar notice.
Para C news articles and press releases
The article describing the reconstruction of a Salmonella genome from 800 years ago picked up a lot of press. I’m secretly quite proud it got into Newsweek:
- Newsweek.com, “Salmonella: medieval skeleton unlocks ancient history of potentially deadly bacteria”. 7-25-18
- Nature.com, “Medieval skeleton offers clues to bacterial killer’s origins”. 19-7-18.
- Nature News, “Collapse of Aztec society linked to catastrophic salmonella outbreak”. 16-2-2017
- ScienceDaily.com, “Evidence of Salmonella Paratyphi C found for the first time in medieval northern Europe”. 19-7-2018
- Futurity.com, “DNA from skeleton puts enteric fever in medieval Europe”
- Kompas.com, “Kerangka dari Abad Pertengahan Ungkap Jejak Perkembangan Salmonella”. 26-7-18
- Medicalnewstoday.com, “Medieval skeleton sheds light on deadly Salmonella”. 24-7-2018
Other press and media
- BRIG was on the news, skip to 1:20, Seven News (Seven Network); Time: 18:00; Broadcast Date: Saturday, 5th April 2014; Duration: 2 min., 16 sec.